Chantelle Houghton: "I know I'm not fat" - Digital Spy

Published Saturday, Oct 8 2011, 16:11 BST | By Colin Daniels | 1 comment
Email this story
Chantelle Houghton on This Morning

Rex Features / Steve Meddle

Chantelle Houghton has defended herself after being called fat on the internet.

The Celebrity Big Brother winner, who is dating Alex Reid, was recently photographed in a swimsuit in Florida.

The pictures led to cruel taunts being posted about her size online.

Houghton, who has suffered from eating disorders in the past, confessed on Twitter that she has put weight on but insisted that she isn't overweight.

"I've never had liposuction as people are saying, the marks on my legs are cellulite. SHOCK every woman gets it & yes I've put on weight. Big deal," she said. "I've finally realised that life's for living and I don't want to spend my life worrying about how I look.

"I've spent pretty much my whole life worrying about it, so call me fat I don't care I'm happy and that's all that matters to me now. So apparently I'm fat and "fat birds" shouldn't wear the swimsuit I was wearing, it's no wonder young girls end up with eating disorders when people say things like that.

"I know I'm not fat, yes I've put on weight big deal. I've put my body and mind through enough and these "people" that choose to say these things are the reason that would usually make me want to make myself sick but not any more. Yes I have cellulite, yes I have a bit of weight on my tummy, and yes that's also pretty normal right?!!"

Houghton added that most celebrities only have "perfect" figures because they have "bundles of time and bundles of money".

> Chantelle Houghton on fertility problems: 'Alex Reid has been absolutely amazing'
Lovefilm 30 days free trial
DVD, Blu-ray & Games Rental or Streaming films instantly to your internet-connected TV & PS3
Coronation Street:

Carla hears unwelcome news about Frank

EastEnders:

Yusef discovers Amira's secret

Emmerdale:

Marlon and Laurel share a passionate kiss

Hollyoaks:

3186: Mitzeee plots her revenge

Neighbours:

6246: Tash makes a discovery

Home and Away:

5366: Brax and Heath face more threats


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact Lindsay Lohan

Life After Death: Cryonics Pioneer Robert Ettinger Dies - International Business Times

Fall TV: Capsule reviews of all the new shows - San Jose Mercury News