Rosie ODonnell: 5 Things You Didnt Know - Hollywood Reporter

0
Rosie O'Donnell
Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images

She's not exactly an unknown, but there may still be things you didn't know about the talk show host.

Oprah Winfrey has officially crowned her choice to take over the talk kingdom. Rosie ODonnell not only shares the cover of the current O magazine (which is only the third time she has ever done so), but Winfrey even immortalized the passing of the torch in stone. On Thursday, Winfrey and ODonnell unveiled a new sign at Harpo Studios, which reads, The Rosie Show. Former Home of The Oprah Winfrey Show."

ODonnell isnt exactly an unknown, but in the process of promoting her new daytime talk show premiering Oct. 10 on OWN, she has let fans in on her life more than she has in years.

Here are 5 things you may not have known about ODonnell.

1. She credits hormones for helping her return to a daytime show. I think I had a lot more rage than I was aware of, but I've gotten back access to my other feelings, I'm not cut off from my emotions any more, she tells Access Hollywood. I think without Estrogen it would not have been possible for me to be here doing this show.

2. She has exchanged her famous celebrity crush on Tom Cruise for one on Russell Brand. [Tom Cruise] knows I will always love him and he's okay with it. He knows I've moved on," she says to Access Hollywood. I became fascinated with [Russell Brand] and I googled everything he ever did. Upon meeting him she says, I have been marinating in you, I knew this would happen, you are genius.

3. She has her friends back. She tells Access Hollywood, He banned Madonna for no reason when his show started, so I'm banning Piers Morgan! I don't have anybody banned but if I have to make a list, he's on it.

4. She didnt plan for a career past age 40. Her mother died at the young age of 39 from breast cancer, so ODonnell believed she should live it up before 40. So I was gonna make all my success and then retire at 40, and guess what? I did that, she tells reporters at the most recent Television Critics Association (TCA) press tour. And then I went home, and every year I would have my mammogram and say, Is it now? And the doctor keeps going, No. You're healthy. You could lose a little weight, but you're all right. Every year. Then I finally realized, 'Crap. I may live.' You know? So I needed a plan for act two."

5. Winfrey still makes her anxious. I'm still nervous when she calls, she says. Like backstage, they're like Oprah's backstage. She's come in from Hawaii to introduce you in this. There's a moment when I walk in and go Get your s--t together, O'Donnell. It's Winfrey. Come on. Kick it up a notch.

0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact Lindsay Lohan

Life After Death: Cryonics Pioneer Robert Ettinger Dies - International Business Times

Fall TV: Capsule reviews of all the new shows - San Jose Mercury News