Celebrities pay tribute to Amy Winehouse

As police continued their investigation into Amy Winehouses death on Saturday, tributes to the troubled 27-year-old singer poured in from around the world. Producer Mark Ronson said, She was my musical soulmate and like a sister to me. This is one of the saddest days of my life.

Actor Russell Brand, a former drug addict, wrote a lengthy tribute to Winehouse, urging the media and public to change the way addiction is perceived not as a crime or a romantic affectation but as a disease that will kill.

Crooner Tony Bennett, who recorded the classic pop standard Body and Soul with Winehouse in March: She was an extraordinary musician with a rare intuition as a vocalist and I am truly devastated that her exceptional talent has come to such an early end.

From Twitter:

Kelly Osbourne: i cant even breath right my now im crying so hard i just lost 1 of my best friends. i love you forever Amy & will never forget the real you!

Josh Groban: Drugs took her gift, her soul, her light, long before they took her life. RIP Amy.

Dr. Drew Pinsky: So sad, another lost to addiction. Recovery is possible, but sadly not for Amy Winehouse.

Rapper Q-Tip: The last time I spoke 2 amy I told her let her light shine more.

Demi Moore: Truly sad news about Amy Winehouse. My heart goes out to her family. May her troubled soul find peace.

Joel Madden: R.I.P. Amy. Your Voice will live Forever.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact Lindsay Lohan

Life After Death: Cryonics Pioneer Robert Ettinger Dies - International Business Times