Halle Berry granted restraining order against stalker who invaded her home - Daily Mail

'I sensed someone behind me and turned to see the intruder': Halle Berry granted restraining order against stalker who invaded her home

By

Last updated at 2:49 AM on 14th July 2011


Halle Berry has managed to get a restraining order against the alleged stalker who invaded her property three times in as many days, according to reports.

A Los Angeles County Superior Court judge has issued a Temporary Restraining Order, ordering Richard Franco to stay clear of Halle, her family and her home, TMZ reports.

They allege that Franco, 27, jumped over the wall of Berry's Hollywood Hills home on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

In custody: The man who has been terrifying Halle Berry by trespassing on her property was arrested last night

In custody: The man who has been terrifying Halle Berry by trespassing on her property was arrested last night

Franco was arrested late this Monday night after jumping over the back wall of Berry's property.

According to legal documents obtained by the website, Berry describes feeling in 'extreme danger' in a written statement.

'I was immediately in fear as I saw this intruder in my yard coming towards me and I screamed "There's a guy in my yard,'" she writes about first seeing the intruder on Saturday.

'Vincent, my manager, yelled out as he opened the door to get between me and the intruder, "What are you doing here?"

'I felt in extreme danger at that moment.'

Defendant: Richard Franco (left) appeared in court today after being apprehended at Berry's property

Defendant: Richard Franco (left) appeared in court today after being apprehended at Berry's property

She describes how the intruder escaped over the fence but returned on Sunday, where the actress spotted her when she walked through her yard to get a diet coke in the kitchen.

'As I opened my glass kitchen door and closed it behind me, all of a sudden I sensed someone behind me and turned to see the intruder standing less than a foot behind me, staring through my glass kitchen door,' she recalls.

The Oscar winner continues: 'Panicking and in fear of my life, I turned my body and quickly hit the deadbolt lock on the glass door. I grabbed my phone and ran as fast as I could upstairs, slamming each door behind me as I ran.' She then called 911.

Stay away: A temporary restraining order (TRO) was issued, commanding Richard Franco to stay away from the actress, her family and her home

Stay away: A temporary restraining order (TRO) was issued, commanding Richard Franco to stay away from the actress, her family and her home

Berry then arranged to have armed security on her property, who on the following day alerted her to his presence again on Monday.

She says: 'He has terrorised me and my family in three consecutive incidents over the last three days.

'This person has invaded and trampled upon the most fundamental sense of security I have and I am extremely frightened of him and what he might do to me and those I love.'

Berry says when she saw Franco on her property he was carrying a book with 'nonsensical ramblings and my name written in his handwriting.'

Franco is still in custody.

A full hearing for a permanent restraining order is set for August 1.

Carrying on as normal: Before the man was arrested last night, Halle put on a brave face as she picked Nahla up from school

Carrying on as normal: Before than man was arrested last night, Halle put on a brave face as she picked Nahla up from school

There were initial reports that the man may have been a stalker or a photographer trying to snap Berry's picture.

It's unclear if the actress's three-year-old daughter Nahla was at home with her at the time.

Berry is currently at her luxury Hollywood home mulling which film project to take on next.

The actress has four movies in production and she is being considered for a role to play Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin in new film biopic.

Aretha apparently really wants Berry for the film and she revealed she will have final approval on which actress will play her in the final film.

While she is very interested in Berry, 'Ms [Jennifer] Hudson and Fantasia are two of the people being considered,' Franklin recently told Macleans magazine.

Do you have a story about a celebrity? Call the Daily Mail showbusiness desk on 0207 938 6364 or 0207 938 6683. For U.S. stories, phone 310 642 2317.

Explore more:

People: Halle Berry

Do you like the name Harper Seven Beckham?

Beckham baby
All polls

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact Lindsay Lohan

Life After Death: Cryonics Pioneer Robert Ettinger Dies - International Business Times